Monday, January 16, 2017

Back...With Mixed Results

Hi,

Yay, back to GW2, after not having played for about 2 and a half years.

Why mixed results, you might ask.

Well, let's start with the good. I got back in the swing of things doing the Daily and a few World Bosses on Blondy. Very nice. The new daily system is really good. As a PVE player, it does force me to do 3/5, but they give great rewards, and 2g a day is nice too.

Oh, and the logging in rewards? Fantastic. I looked up on the wiki what you get every 28 days, and it's pretty amazing.

So, apart from some 80 stuff on Blondy, I leveled a couple of others this week. I got Asurabrit to 59 and raised up her Tailoring a bit. Then I realized I needed more Linen and so I went back to my lower level ones and leveled Necrobrit up to 38. The goal will be to get them all to 50 and beyond so that Asura can continue on her Tailoring. I must say, I found Necromancer a lot easier to play than Elementalist, so it will be good taking a break from Asura for a while.

Now for the bad.

I tried to complete the Personal Story on Blondy. It was going OK, until I hit a brick wall at the Mouth of Zhaitan. What a horrible fight. First, the pillars were horrible and took ages to get down. Then I hardly damaged the Mouth before dying. I just quit the instance, and don't know if I'll ever be back.

The other things is - Gem prices. What the heck. When I last played, it was about 40g for 400 Gems. Now it's up to about 110-120g!! Yikes. I guess they have put more gold in the game with the daily and login rewards, so I think that accounts for the inflation.

Overall, I do enjoy GW2 and can see myself playing it for quite a while. There are lots of things I want to get with Gems, and lots of characters to level to 80. I considered getting HoT, but decided against it, because it's not my kind of content. The difficulty is high, by all accounts, and I find regular GW2 difficult enough.

Here's how things stack up now.

Gold: 40g 87s
Gems: 1838

Blondybrit (Norn/Warrior) Level 80
Map: 73% Bags: 8/8/12/15 Crafts: Armorsmith 227 Weaponsmith 325
Rangerbrit (Human/Ranger) Level 80
Map: 40% Bags: 8/8/8/8 Crafts: Huntsman 226 Jeweler 379
Asurabrit (Asura/Elementalist) Level 59
Map: 25% Bags: 8/8/8/10 Crafts: Chef 252 Tailor 273
Mesmerbrit (Sylvari/Mesmer) Level 46
Map: 17% Bags: 8/8/8/8 Crafts: Artificer 300
CharrlyBrit (Charr/Engineer) Level 44
Map: 23% Bags: 8/8/8/8 Crafts: Leatherworker 152
Silvybrit (Sylvari/Warrior) Level 42
Map: 21% Bags: 4/4/8/8 Crafts: None
Necrobrit (Asura/Necromancer) Level 38
Map: 13% Bags: 5/5/5/5 Crafts: None


That's all for now. More gold making and leveling next week. I might even start my 8th character. I'm thinking of a Guardian. I prefer ranged, but I think melee in GW2 would be fun too.

Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment